Parenting

Our March Round-Up

• April 2, 2017

Another month has been and gone and we’re into the second quarter of the year already! I don’t mind the first few months going so quickly, I’m not a fan of the dark mornings and cold weather at all.

When I write my monthly round-ups it always surprises me how much we’ve packed in. We only get 2 days off together a week and try to make the most of it.

Here’s what we got up to in March…

Our March Round-Up

Our March Round-Up | Digital Motherhood

At the start of March was World Book day, one of most mums worst nightmares! Little H’s school decided to make parent’s lives even harder by setting a Roald Dahl theme for the day. This put paid to my suggestion of Hermione using the cape we bought at Universal last year! Little H only knows of The BFG and The Giraffe, The Pelly & Me and decided she wanted to go as the giraffe. So I made a giraffe costume. I don’t think it was too bad considering I don’t sew, and she was pleased to be the only giraffe at school.

We took advantage of our Tesco Clubcard vouchers and used them on a visit to Cheddar Gorge in Somerset. It was our first visit as a family, and we had a great day out. You can read my blog post about it here if you haven’t already.

The weather got a bit nicer in March and we got a few days of sunshine as Spring arrived. Little H and I managed a few visits to the park after school and it was lovely to sit out in the sun rather than being cooped up at home.

Nothing to do with family time, but in March I got to visit Google’s office in London with work. It was very cool to get some inside info and we got a little walk around London afterwards.

I collaborated with Inspired Wallpapers last month to give our spare room a makeover and turn it into an office. If you missed part 1 you can see it here, hopefully part 2 will be coming very soon!

We had 2 weekends in a row of getting together with the family for Sunday lunch. First on my nieces’s second birthday and the second on Mother’s Day. It’s always nice to get everyone together, and especially for Little H to see her 2  cousins who she gets on with really well.

At the end of March we were invited to a bushcraft open day in Hatfield at Camp Wilderness. We had a great time building campfires, learning about camouflage and generally having a good time in the great outdoors. You can read all about it here.

Once again we had a fun and busy month. We haven’t got any plans for April yet but hopefully we’ll have lots more fun and the weather will stay nice.

Hope you all had a good March, what did you get up to?

My Petit Canard

Tammymum

• Rachel

Wow, it sure sounds like you managed to fit a lot in! My son’s nursery didn’t set a theme for World Book Day thankfully, so he went as Paddington Bear. It was his first proper World Book Day, and I wasn’t yet ready to make a costume – Sainsbury’s saved us!
    I remember going to Cheddar Gorge when I was on holiday years ago. Such a stunning place, although I can get quite claustrophobic so didn’t enjoy it as much as I could have done. Still somewhere I would love to return to though.
    #MarvMondays

• Sonia Cave

What a busy but fun month! I don’t miss the random dress code days at school 🙂

• Emma - Life According to MrsShilts

What a fantastic month you’ve had! This was our first ever World Book Day at my Son’s pre-school and we loved it. Luckily we didn’t have to think too hard about what he had to wear as the whole school dressed up as Where’s Wally, we loved it!

• The London Mum

Sounds like a really well rounded march- days out, a bit of decor… Hopefully your april goes just as well!

• Angela Watling (Life, Motherhood and Everything)

Wow you guys were definitely busy! Hopefully you’ll get even more done as the weather continues to improve! #MarvMondays

• Romeca

You guys had such a busy month! Hope April is just as fun for you all xx

• Stephanie Moore

Sounds like a great March, packed full of fun!

• The Squirmy Popple

Sounds busy! The best thing about March for me was actually getting a few really nice days so we could get out and play in the sunshine – unfortunately, Glasgow has returned to its normal dark, grey self. #FamilyFun

• Karen | TwoTinyHands

I always find it pretty amazing how much you can fit into a month without trying! Nice and busy, I like you are pretty happy about the nicer weather hitting us, it’s making life a bit easier! Getting to tour google would be pretty cool!!

‪Thank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬

• Kerry norris

What a fab month you’ve had. Lovely pics and camp wilderness sounded so cool x

• Mel

Awww look how cute she is with her giraffe costume on! World Book Day is a pain, isn’t it? Luckily, we weren’t set a theme (phew!).

• My Petit Canard

It sounds like you guys had a fab March! I love it when you look back and realise that you did lots of really nice things. I cant believe how quickly the weeks and months are flying by this year! Great post, thanks for sharing it on #MarvMondays. Emily

• Helena

It’s great to stand out from the crowd. I really like the giraffe costume. Reads like you’ve done lots of other lovely things too including sharing the Hatfield Woods experience with us. #FamilyFun