Parenting

Things All Mums Know To Be True

• January 13, 2017

Being a parent is certainly a learning curve!

All parents will agree that having kids is tough, tiring, and hard work to say the least. Kids are also really annoying – they know just how to push our buttons.

If you’re stressed out and your children are driving you crazy, don’t worry we’ve all been there. Have a read through this list and you’ll hopefully realise that your child is actually quite normal.

Things All Mums Know To Be True | www.digitalmotherhood.com

Things all Mums know to be true…

• Kids do not listen.
  • The biggest tantrums are always over the most ridiculous things.
  • They ask a lot of questions.
  • Your house will never be clean again.
  • As soon as you throw something away or donate it, they’ll ask where it is.
  • No matter what time you put them to bed they’ll still get up at the same ridiculously early hour.
  • You’ll never be alone again.
  • “Mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy, muuuuuuummmmyyyyy”
  • Most of the time you haven’t got a clue what you’re doing.
  • There’s never enough time in the day.
  • If they lose their favourite teddy/blanket/comforter no one in the house will rest until it’s found.
  • You’ll blub like a baby at anything to do with sick children.
  • They grow bloody fast.
  • They’re at their slowest when you’re in a hurry.
  • You can’t get through a shop without lots of “I want that!”
  • If you ever manage to get a ‘date night’ you’ll just spend the whole time talking about the kids.
  • You get woken up at ungodly hours by the most pointless questions.
  • There’s always something to worry about.
  • They can be playing nicely by themselves for hours, but the second you sit down they’ll want something.
  • They whinge about everything.
  • You will never pee alone again.
  • Kids are crazy.
  • When they say they can do it all by themselves they can’t. And you’ll be the one clearing up the mess.
  • Arranging a girls night out with fellow mums takes a lot of planning.
  • The one day you don’t have spare clothes in your bag will be the day they wet themselves/spill a drink/have a nosebleed.
  • Kids’ TV is terrible and the theme tunes will get stuck in your head for days.
  • Children are masters of thinking up reasons why they can’t go to bed.
  • One minute it’s the end of the world, the next minute they’re as happy as larry.
  • They can easily take an hour to chew a mouthful of food. Unless it’s full of sugar.
  • As soon as they start school you’ll spend all of your weekends at birthday parties.
  • Once you let them near an iPad you’ll never be able to tear them away from it.
  • There’s always some idiot judging your parenting.
  • If you’re driving they’ll always have something really really urgent that you need to look at. If you don’t look they’ll just whine and cry until you do.
  • You’ll always feel guilty about something
  • Having a child at school is a full time admin job.
  • They always need a wee when you’re as far away from a toilet as possible.
  • If they’re ill they will always wait to vomit until the middle of the night.
  • When they say “love you mummy” or “you’re my best friend” everything is forgiven.
  • Other people’s kids can be horrible.
  • If they say they want something for dinner don’t believe them. They won’t eat it.
  • They’re very cute.
  • You don’t want them to grow up.
  • When they’re asleep you could sit and watch them for hours.
  • Your life wouldn’t be the same without them.
  • It’s all worth the pain, and you wouldn’t change them for the world. Well, not much anyway.

So how many of these can you relate to?!

Dear Bear and Beany
My Petit Canard
3 Little Buttons

Mummascribbles

• Rebecca

Ahh, these are all so true! Parenting is such a crazy thing isn’t it?! Thank you for sharing x

• Candace

Pretty spot on list. Really do change lives

• Rebecca | AAUBlog

ha yes all so true. Parenting is just such a big oxymoron – son wonderfully exhausting! x

• Chloe Wood

I can relate to every single one of these!!

• Mrs Mummy Harris

hahaha your list is pretty much spot on from what i’ve witnessed in my lifetime. Ben is only 7 months old and already im dreading when he gets older haha!
    im quite lucky that he hasnt lost his comforter and that is also a muslin – totally easily replaceable if it gets lost!! We tried him with dummys and after an incident of him puking when we tried to give him calpol through his medicine dummy – it put him off and now he doesnt need it!
    we have noticed though he’ll be right near the end of a bottle so i get hubby to make another one (we have the prep machine) and then when we give him the second bottle he rejects it. like “nope thanks but i just love to see you flap around to keep me entertained”
    #sharingthebloglove

• Jenna

I was nodding along with these so much I thought my head might fall off. They’re all so, so true!! Great observations.

• Katy - Hot Pink Wellingtons

All so true! I thought I’d got beyond the stage of having to take spare clothes out with me these days – this week my son managed to spill his drink all over him! We had to make a quick trip back home after drying up the best we could! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

• Kerry Norris

These are all so true. Parenting hey. It’s all confusing but amazing. My girls are happy as Larry one minute and then having a hie meltdown the next x

• Laura - dear bear and beany

Yes to all of these. I long for the day when I am not carrying spare clothes around me. And when they no longer need to nap and can cope without one too. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove x

• Jaylan - Diapers at Dawn

All so true, nobody can ever prepare you for becoming a parent x #MarvMondays

• Mother of 3

Absolutely! All of this is so very true!!

• Stephanie Moore

Every single one! Kids bring so much more to life than you EVER thought they would!!

• Alana - Burnished Chaos

This is such a brilliant list and I can relate to every single one!
    #MarvMondays

• Left Back

As soon as I get into bed all I want to do is get out and cuddle my little girl but if she wakes me up at night… #dreamteam

• ohmummymia

Lovely list 😉 very long but yeah it’s so true parenting life is hard:D
    #TwinklyTuesday

• Emma and Family

So true! Especially with the playing quietly by themselves until you sit down! #twinklytuesday

• Lauren

Haha YES all of this post is spot on. My children drive me loopy sometimes but I wouldn’t change them for the world!

• Angela Watling

Excellent list! I can relate to every single one except the school ones and I have no doubt I’ll relate to those too in a few years! #MarvMondays

• Hannah Spannah

Brilliant! So many of these have been or are part of my life! Thanks for joining the #weekendblogshare

• My Petit Canard

Pretty sure I could tick most of these off the list! Yes, yes and yes! Hard work, exhausting, relentless but the best thing in the world 🙂 Great post, thanks for sharing it on #MarvMondays. Emily

• Annette, 3 Little Buttons

Yes! Exactly that. It’s never ending is it, but we love them to bits and wouldn’t have it any other way. Thank you for sharing with the #DreamTeam x