Parenting

Things My 5 Year Old Moans About

• September 19, 2016

Don’t you just love kids? You look after them, take them to cool places, buy them lovely things, make a hell of a lot of sacrifices, and lose a lot of sleep – yet they moan about everything.

I count myself very lucky that we’ve never really had a lot of public tantrums, screaming or even crying from Little H. She could, however, win a gold medal if whining and moaning was an Olympic sport.

Some days, after a day at work followed by rushing around doing the school run, I’d gladly sell her on eBay just so I don’t have to listen to another second of complaining.

Here’s a list of things my 5 year old moans about in an average day…

• She doesn’t want to get up
  • She doesn’t want to get dressed
  • She doesn’t want to brush her teeth
  • She doesn’t want to brush her hair
  • She doesn’t want to put her shoes on
  • She doesn’t want to get in the car
  • She doesn’t want to get out of the car
  • She doesn’t want to go to school
  • She isn’t allowed an ice cream when we come out of school every day
  • She doesn’t want to walk to the car
  • She didn’t like her lunch
  • Someone at school wouldn’t let her play with them
  • It’s rainy/too sunny/too hot/too cold/too windy
  • She’s hungry because she didn’t eat her lunch
  • We went to the wrong park after school
  • She’s not allowed to use the ipad for hours
  • The ipad has run out of battery
  • Mummy asks too many questions about school
  • Mummy won’t buy every toy advertised on tv
  • She’s bored
  • She’s tired
  • She doesn’t like her dinner
  • She’s not tired
  • She doesn’t want to put her pyjamas on
  • She doesn’t want to brush her teeth again
  • She doesn’t want to go to bed
  • She doesn’t like our choice of bedtime story
  • She wants Mummy to read the story
  • She wants Daddy to read the story
  • Her leg/arm/head/mouth/hand/little toe hurting
  • Her bed isn’t comfy
  • She’s hungry because she didn’t eat her dinner
  • She’s hot
  • She’s cold
  • She’s thirsty

And then we pretty much start again the next morning.

Please tell me it’s not just my child that’s this annoying?!

Things my 5 year old moans about | kids love to moan don't they? Click through to see a list of things my 5 year old complains about! | #parenting #kids #mumlife #momlife
You Baby Me Mummy
A Mum Track Mind

• Back With A Bump

I remember those days well. Now aged 8 we’ve progressed to sighing, eye rolling and sulking! #sharingthebloglove

• Lucy At Home

My daughter is also 5 and we have the exact same problem. It’s especially frustrating when you’ve given them a treat (e.g. visit the park) and they STILL find something to moan about (e.g. hungry). Aaargh! #SharingTheBlogLove

• RawChildhood

I completely get this on so many levels lol Mine are 2 and nearly 1 so I’m lucky that my youngest can’t say much just yet lol #sharingthebloglove

• Katy - Hot Pink Wellingtons

It’s reading this list that I’m glad that my two year old hasn’t formed the ability to speak full sentences yet – I’m sure he’d utter most of these on a normal day! Currently his bedtime strop is that he wants to read the story himself (i.e. flick through random pages and then shout ‘finished’ at the end). I’m letting him for now – it’s just easier than facing the tantrum! Thanks so much for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

• practicalbydefault

Not just your child and it doesnt get better. Wait until she is 15…..lol #fortheloveofBLOG

• Sunita

Wow kind of sounds like our three year old! I guess they have mastered the art of moaning….#TheList

• themotherhub.ie

no – its not just you! Unfortunately for me I have given birth to the two most annoying children ever to walk the planet – what are the odds eh? If this is 5 can you imagine what 15 will be like? #fortheloveofblog

• dearbearandbeany (@dearbearandbean)

This sounds just like my five year old niece! My SIL feels your pain every day, it’s not easy!! Alice has her moments, but thankfully not to this level YET!!!! Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove X

• Emma T

Yep, I’d say that’s pretty accurate. Although for N, most of the moaning is ‘I’m tired’ to try and avoid doing reading or other homework. #sharingthebloglove

• The Pramshed

I think that all children are the same. My daughter is 1 year old, and already moans when she’s getting dressed. I had to dress her standing up today with her clinging to the cot bars. I hope you have a relatively stress free weekend. Claire x

• Notmyyearoff

Z only ever gets thirsty when he has to go to bed!! 🙂 or suddenly needs the loo or needs his dressing gown or wants to check something urgently!