Parenting

Easter Gifts That Aren’t Made Of Chocolate

• March 7, 2016

If past years are anything to go by, my 4 year old will have enough chocolate at the end of the month to feed a small village.

I usually end up hiding chocolate somewhere she can’t find it and either then forget about it for months or the husband and I just eat it all. So this year I’ve decided to buy her one Easter egg and an Easter gift to go with it. I probably won’t stick to that rule, but I have found some really cute Easter themed presents!

Easter Gifts That Aren't Made Of Chocolate | www.digitalmotherhood.com

So here’s a few ideas for some lovely children’s Easter gifts that aren’t made of chocolate…

Easter Gifts That Aren't Made Of Chocolate | www.digitalmotherhood.com

1. Bashful Bunny, £16, John Lewis – I love the Jellycat teddies, they’re all so soft & cute, and they make lovely gifts.
  2. Wooden Chick Stacking Toy, £18, Etsy – great for smaller children who maybe aren’t allowed chocolate yet anyway.
  3. Personalised Easter bunny mug, £4.75, Ebay – a lovely alternative to an Easter egg and a nice keepsake.
  4. Crochet Your Own Bunny, £3, The Works – a good idea for older kids and something to keep them entertained for a while in the Easter hols!
  5. The Peter Rabbit Library, £12.99, The Works – a beautiful little book collection and a great price, these are normally quite expensive.
  6. Bunny Purse, £5, Accessorize – how cute is this little purse! I think I need this one for me actually…

Happy Easter!

My Petit Canard

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

• Not A Frumpy Mum

My 4 year old little boy hates chocolate and so we have never bought him an egg but look for other Easter themed gifts we can get him. I love the bunny mug, so cute!
    Unfortunately, despite us saying at every opportunity he doesn’t like chocolate we still get a load for him off friends which we end up slowly working our way through in March and April! xx
    #MarvellousMondays

• Sharon Powell

This is a great list. My kids get far too much chocolate eggs too and I sometimes wish people would think out of the box a bit X

• Harriet from Toby & Roo

I love this kind of post – it’s on my to do list for this week. It’s so nice to see alternatives, especially for families with littlies who can’t eat chocolate 🙂 H x

• Joanna

My nearly 15 month old isn’t keen on chocolate so I’m doing a basket for him with books and a cuddly toy. I love the look of this cute bunny toy.

• Zoe Alicia

Great idea for the more health-conscious of us! And I love how cute bunnies are x

• Rebecca | AAUBlog

great round up of gifts – I only get my two one small egg and then a few Easter themed toys. Love jellycat soft toys too x

• Amanda

What a fab idea – there is so much chocolate isn’t there. We are doing an easter basket this year which will have a mix of bits in it xx

• Sarah.cronshaw32@gmail.com

Thanks Amanda, I’ve seen a few people doing Easter baskets they look great. I’ll have to remember that idea for next Easter!

• My Petit Canard

Such a great idea! I agree, the little ones get way too much chocolate so its nice to give them some other bits that they can enjoy instead. We’ll be doing the same this year, one small egg, an easter egg hunt with some little eggs and then some other non choc bits and pieces. Cant wait 🙂 Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Emily

• Life as Mum

Those gifts are great. My girls would love that bunny purse