Things To Do In Orlando That Aren’t Disney

We went to Florida last summer and I still haven’t gotten around to writing all the posts I planned to! I’ve written about Disney and Universal, the obvious ones, but there are plenty of other things to do in Orlando that aren’t Disney or theme parks.

If you’re heading to Orlando and don’t want to get too overloaded with Disney here are some things you could do…

Shopping

There are loads of great places to shop in Orlando. Firstly you have to visit The Florida Mall, I have never seen a shopping centre so big in my life. You could probably spend 2 weeks here! It has every shop you can think of, including the ones you’ve seen on TV and in magazines like Macy’s and Sears. There’s also loads of restaurants, M&Ms World, and a few soft play areas with sofas where Dad and kids can sit while you shop!

Things To Do In Orlando That Aren't Disney | Digital Motherhood

The outlets are also well worth a visit if you like designer clothes and accessories. I’m still kicking myself for not buying a Michael Kors handbag that was “only” £200!

Eating

When you’re not eating at the theme parks there are so many choices around Orlando. We enjoyed pancakes for breakfast in Dennys and iHop on International Drive, and ate enough shrimp to feed a small town at Red Lobster.

Things To Do In Orlando That Aren't Disney | Digital Motherhood

We also had pizza, pasta, steak, Mexican, Chinese and so much more – there’s nothing you can’t get in Orlando! Of course it’d be rude not to try Taco Bell, Wendys, Baskin Robins and all those other famous American chains.

Crazy Golf

On International Drive there are some great themed crazy golf courses including pirate and rainforest ones. They’re open really late so it’s a great way to pass some time after dinner if the kids still aren’t tired!

The Crayola Experience

Located inside The Florida Mall, the Crayola Experience is a really fun attraction with loads of hands-on activities for kids. As well as typical colouring fun there’s also digital colouring, soft play and modelling. The Crayola store is amazing, everything is laid out in colour and you could spend hours just in there!

Things To Do In Orlando That Aren't Disney | Digital Motherhood

Cinema

When in America you have to see a film! We went to the cinema in Disney Springs to see The Secret Life Of Pets which was great fun. The cinema was huge and the seats were as comfy as a sofa. You can even eat dinner while you watch the film! There’ also a cinema in Universal, and I’m sure there are plenty of others around Orlando.

Orlando Eye

We drove past a few times but didn’t get time to go on the Orlando Eye, it looks fab though and worth a visit if you do have time.

Things To Do In Orlando That Aren't Disney | Digital Motherhood

From the top you can see views of downtown Orlando and the theme parks, it’s a great way to see the whole of Orlando.

There are tons of other things to do in Orlando – really you need a month there to see and do everything!

Have you been to Orlando? What else did you get up to apart from the theme parks? If you’re thinking about going to Orlando on holiday what are you looking forward to?

Marvellous Mondays badge by Hello Archie
Rhyming with Wine
Flying With A Baby

WanderlustKids

24 thoughts on “Things To Do In Orlando That Aren’t Disney

1. Sunita says:

This is a fab round up. I’m off to Orlando for the Mom 2.0 blogger Summit next week. Not sure I’ll have time to check out the mall but great to have these ideas!!!

2. The Mum Reviews says:

Great post! I have been to Orlando many times but I didn’t know about the Crayola experience or the Orlando Eye (that must be new!). I definitely approve of allotting time to shopping and eating 🙂 #kcacols

3. Sara says:

Oh how I would love to go to Orlando! The Crayola experience sounds and looks amazing! The whole thing looks amazing! Thank you for sharing and for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope to see you again next time!

4. Jeremy-Thirstydaddy says:

we are actually leaving for Orlando in two days! One of the things I have planned besides the parks is a place called “old town.” I’ve never been there before but it has shops, restaurants, and some smaller rides. looks like a more relaxing way to spend our saturday. #KCACOLS

5. The Hippy Christian Mum says:

You had me at Mall. I have been researching Orlando as I’m planning a family trip there to WDW and all the rest but not for 2 yrs yet, I have been indulgent! Anyway, I saw the crayola experience on a vlogger channel on YouTube and it looked so cool. I will definitely be getting a car this time as well so we can eat at all those lush places you mentioned. I’m going to bookmark this post by sharing to Twitter. #KCACOLS

6. Amy says:

We are off to Orlando in June, I actually did a similar version of where to go that’s not theme parks. I am most looking forward to Discovery Cove! #kcacols

7. My Petit Canard says:

Great post! Hoping to take the little ones to Orlando in a year or two so its definitely useful to be aware of what else is in the area besides Disney and Universal. I went about 15 years ago or so, so I bet a lot has changed since then! Fab post, thanks for sharing it on #MarvMondays. Emily

8. Annette, 3 Little Buttons says:

Oh wow, there really are so many fab things to do there. Those pancakes look amazing! *Runs off to see if needs to fly out to Orlando to obtain such pancakes. First time I have ever heard of the Orlando eye. And there’s me thinking that the London eye was one of a kind hehe! Thank you for sharing with the #DreamTeam x

9. Plutonium Sox says:

Some brilliant ideas, I LOVE the idea of the crayola experience! It’s always good to have a break from the theme parks, when we were there we drove to the beach on a couple of days to escape the parks. It is a fabulous destination. Thanks for linking up to #FamilyTravelTips
    Nat.x

10. Kirsty - Winnettes says:

These are some great activities. Taco Bell is really high on my hit list for when we go. The Eye looks great but the London one makes me feel queazy so I’m not sure I would manage it. I bet the views are amazing.
    #KCACOLS

11. mainy says:

The orlando eye looks good. We have got one down in bournemouth now but I can imagine that it is a load smaller! Great roundup, the food looks yummy! Thats one of the things I enjoyed about America was the food and lots of it:)
    Mainy
    #KCACOLS

12. Amie says:

Ah this is awesome! I really want to go to Orlando but honestly all of the Disney was putting me off! My children are more paw patrol and Peppa kinda kids so they probably wouldn’t have a clue what most Disney things were! #KCACOLS

13. Epril says:

This is a great post for my blogging partner Amy who will be going there in June with her husband to celebrate their anniversary. I will let her check this out 🙂 #kcacols

14. Tammy says:

The shopping is wonderful at that mall. I love going there when we are in Orlando. And the mini golf is some of the best. You can golf with gators!!

15. Cal at Family Makes says:

Oh I’d love to take my kids to Florida! I wouldn’t have thought to see a movie actually, that’s a great wind-down activity idea. I didn’t know about the Crayola museum either. I must remember these for when I save up enough! #WanderlustKids