52 Free Things To Do Outdoors With Kids

We try to get out and about at the weekends as much as possible, and now that Spring will (hopefully) be here soon we’ll try and get outside after school as well.

If you’re looking for some ideas to get the kids outside and away from iPads and TV screens, here are 52 free things to do outdoors with kids…

52 Free Things To Do Outdoors With Kids | Digital Motherhood

45. Hunt for fossils
  46. Go crabbing
  47. Paddle in a stream
  48. Create your own obstacle course
  49. Make perfume out of petals
  50. Create a fairy garden
  51. Walk a dog (yours or a neighbours)
  52. Make a treasure map

I hope these have given you some inspiration! Which ones will you be doing this weekend?

If you liked this post, why not subscribe to have future blog posts, tips, advice and competitions emailed to you:

The Pramshed

Marvellous Mondays badge by Hello Archie

<!– start InLinkz script –>

<!– end InLinkz script –>

29 thoughts on “52 Free Things To Do Outdoors With Kids

1. Sivan Gavish says:

I love these ideas. Don’t have kids yet, but I write about family friendly things to do in Las Vegas! Plus, I always remember my parents trying to figure out things to do with us that don’t cost money. This list would have been VERY helpful to them 🙂 Have a good weekend!

2. Helen @Talking_Mums says:

Fabulous suggestions. Just shows that there is so much we can do for free and that these are usually the moe enjoyable options. We love doing treasure maps and treasure hunts in our house x
    #ForTheLoveofBLOG

3. mums' army says:

Wow that list is brilliant! I’ve just copied and pasted it to my desktop. My other half said today what should we do with the kids, and I came up with Playground or Sea front. Plus whatever Pooh sticks is I think my boys would LOVE it??? xx #Blogstravaganza

• Sarah | Digital Motherhood says:

I thought everyone knew what Pooh Sticks was but it seems not! Haha It’s not as gross as it sounds – you stand on a bridge, each drop a stick into the water, then race to the other side to see who’s gets there first. From Winnie The Pooh hence the odd name!

4. thetaleofmummyhood says:

This is a fabulous list and definitely one that I will refer back to. I just cannot wait for light nights, we leave the house in a morning and often don’t come back until the sun goes down! I love it! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS, hope you come back again next Sunday x

5. Beth says:

Yes to this list! Especially splashing in puddles. I cringe a little, but push the worry aside knowing the discovery and fun is way more worth it than dry shoes!

6. Angela Watling says:

These are great! Some of these are a bit beyond my just-two-year-old right now but hopefully by the summer she’ll be into things like picnics and bug hunting. She definitely loves puddling splashing though! #MarvMondays

7. Laura says:

Love these suggestions! I am pregnant with my second boy, and sometimes I just want to go outside with my oldest and let him run around, while I sit, haha! I love this list to help me engage with him!

8. Kelly says:

I’m going to print this out and hang it on our fridge for moments when we need a bright idea! Thanks so much for putting this list together 🙂

9. My Petit Canard says:

I love lists like these, such a great idea for inspiration on quiet or rainy days. Definitely something that I’ll be coming back to when I’m stumped for ideas 🙂 Great post, thanks for sharing it on #MarvMondays. Emily

10. The Pramshed says:

This is a brilliant list and often I’m trying to think of things to do with my daughter that costs money. However there are so many things that we can do that are just on our doorstep. Thanks for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

11. Sam - StressyMama says:

What a fantastic list. I’m always trying to think of new things to do with my niece and daughter. I’ll be printing this I think so I can keep looking at it ha #marvmondays

12. Rhyming with Wine says:

Feeding the ducks and playing pooh sticks are definitely our “go to” outdoor activities. I was talking to my mum about making a bug hotel in the garden this spring just this afternoon! Love this list and I’ll be back for more inspiration now that the weather is warming up! Thanks for sharing with #DreamTeam x

13. Laura Beresford says:

I remember doing lots of these as a child but I prefer being indoors these days so my kids haven’t done too many (maybe when my youngest can walk I will try harder!) #kcacols