Being a parent is certainly a learning curve!
All parents will agree that having kids is tough, tiring, and hard work to say the least. Kids are also really annoying – they know just how to push our buttons.
If you’re stressed out and your children are driving you crazy, don’t worry we’ve all been there. Have a read through this list and you’ll hopefully realise that your child is actually quite normal.
Things all Mums know to be true…
- Kids do not listen.
- The biggest tantrums are always over the most ridiculous things.
- They ask a lot of questions.
- Your house will never be clean again.
- As soon as you throw something away or donate it, they’ll ask where it is.
- No matter what time you put them to bed they’ll still get up at the same ridiculously early hour.
- You’ll never be alone again.
- “Mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy, muuuuuuummmmyyyyy”
- Most of the time you haven’t got a clue what you’re doing.
- There’s never enough time in the day.
- If they lose their favourite teddy/blanket/comforter no one in the house will rest until it’s found.
- You’ll blub like a baby at anything to do with sick children.
- They grow bloody fast.
- They’re at their slowest when you’re in a hurry.
- You can’t get through a shop without lots of “I want that!”
- If you ever manage to get a ‘date night’ you’ll just spend the whole time talking about the kids.
- You get woken up at ungodly hours by the most pointless questions.
- There’s always something to worry about.
- They can be playing nicely by themselves for hours, but the second you sit down they’ll want something.
- They whinge about everything.
- You will never pee alone again.
- Kids are crazy.
- When they say they can do it all by themselves they can’t. And you’ll be the one clearing up the mess.
- Arranging a girls night out with fellow mums takes a lot of planning.
- The one day you don’t have spare clothes in your bag will be the day they wet themselves/spill a drink/have a nosebleed.
- Kids’ TV is terrible and the theme tunes will get stuck in your head for days.
- Children are masters of thinking up reasons why they can’t go to bed.
- One minute it’s the end of the world, the next minute they’re as happy as larry.
- They can easily take an hour to chew a mouthful of food. Unless it’s full of sugar.
- As soon as they start school you’ll spend all of your weekends at birthday parties.
- Once you let them near an iPad you’ll never be able to tear them away from it.
- There’s always some idiot judging your parenting.
- If you’re driving they’ll always have something really really urgent that you need to look at. If you don’t look they’ll just whine and cry until you do.
- You’ll always feel guilty about something
- Having a child at school is a full time admin job.
- They always need a wee when you’re as far away from a toilet as possible.
- If they’re ill they will always wait to vomit until the middle of the night.
- When they say “love you mummy” or “you’re my best friend” everything is forgiven.
- Other people’s kids can be horrible.
- If they say they want something for dinner don’t believe them. They won’t eat it.
- They’re very cute.
- You don’t want them to grow up.
- When they’re asleep you could sit and watch them for hours.
- Your life wouldn’t be the same without them.
- It’s all worth the pain, and you wouldn’t change them for the world. Well, not much anyway.
So how many of these can you relate to?!
If you liked this post, why not subscribe to have future blog posts, tips, advice and competitions from Digital Motherhood emailed to you: