Don’t you just love kids? You look after them, take them to cool places, buy them lovely things, make a hell of a lot of sacrifices, and lose a lot of sleep – yet they moan about everything.
I count myself very lucky that we’ve never really had a lot of public tantrums, screaming or even crying from Little H. She could, however, win a gold medal if whining and moaning was an Olympic sport.
Some days, after a day at work followed by rushing around doing the school run, I’d gladly sell her on eBay just so I don’t have to listen to another second of complaining.
Here’s a list of things my 5 year old moans about in an average day…
- She doesn’t want to get up
- She doesn’t want to get dressed
- She doesn’t want to brush her teeth
- She doesn’t want to brush her hair
- She doesn’t want to put her shoes on
- She doesn’t want to get in the car
- She doesn’t want to get out of the car
- She doesn’t want to go to school
- She isn’t allowed an ice cream when we come out of school every day
- She doesn’t want to walk to the car
- She didn’t like her lunch
- Someone at school wouldn’t let her play with them
- It’s rainy/too sunny/too hot/too cold/too windy
- She’s hungry because she didn’t eat her lunch
- We went to the wrong park after school
- She’s not allowed to use the ipad for hours
- The ipad has run out of battery
- Mummy asks too many questions about school
- Mummy won’t buy every toy advertised on tv
- She’s bored
- She’s tired
- She doesn’t like her dinner
- She’s not tired
- She doesn’t want to put her pyjamas on
- She doesn’t want to brush her teeth again
- She doesn’t want to go to bed
- She doesn’t like our choice of bedtime story
- She wants Mummy to read the story
- She wants Daddy to read the story
- Her leg/arm/head/mouth/hand/little toe hurting
- Her bed isn’t comfy
- She’s hungry because she didn’t eat her dinner
- She’s hot
- She’s cold
- She’s thirsty
And then we pretty much start again the next morning.
Please tell me it’s not just my child that’s this annoying?!