I don’t normally bother with New Year’s Resolutions, I figure if you want to make a change you can do it at any time throughout the year. But now I have a blog I thought that if I make some resolutions and tell you all about them then there’s no turning back!
So here’s what I want to acheive in 2016…
- Eat healthy and drink lots of water – I really hope this lasts past the first week of January! I’ve had a few problems with bad eczema over the last couple of years and I think that eating a lot more fruit & veg and drinking lots of water every day will help. I find it such a struggle to stick to but this one is very important and I must keep at it!!
- Be more organised – I’m actually a really organised person, but I have slacked a bit since having a child. There’s just so much to do, and so much to stress over so I’m hoping that being more organised and getting things prepared in advance will make life a easier. I already have a family organiser diary bought by my lovely mum, so resolution number 2 is to write everything down and don’t leave things until the last minute!
- Plan & schedule my own social media & blog posts – People pay me to look after their blogs and social media accounts and I schedule posts way in advance. Yet I can’t seem to get my arse into gear and do it for myself! In 2016 I want to blog a lot more and build up my followers so I’m going to create a schedule and try and get ahead. I’m sure life will get in the way of this, but let’s see how far in advance I can schedule some posts. Once I’ve thought of some ideas to write about…
- Stress less – I am a very stressy person. I stress about everything from work, to family stuff, to money, to how messy the house is. I lie awake at 3am stressing about really pointless pointless things, things that I can’t even remember the next day. My laid-back brother says “Things only stress you out if you let them” and I want to hit him when he says it. But he’s right (don’t anyone tell him I said that!) and I need to worry less about things I can’t change, and just get on with changing the things I can.
- Explore more local places – We are very lucky to live in Dorset, one of the nicest places in the UK. We also live for the weekends and are are pretty good at getting out & about as a family, but there are loads of places nearby that we haven’t been to yet so we are going to get a National Trust membership and get exploring!
I think that’s enough, don’t want to push my luck! Would love to hear from some of you about the New Year’s Resolutions that you’ve picked.